Banner

Instagram

28.1.14

                  Why do some men make you blush??

I'm too sexy for my waistcoat....so sexy it HURTS!
I stopped for a quick takeout coffee at Costa today. I needed a pick me up after from my 5 am wake up call. Nate is going through a crappy sleeping phase, and thinks the early hours are a prime time to demand things such as:
-          Cake and ice cream
-          Fireman Sam
-          To go and see the Ducks
I love my child dearly. But it doesn’t really kick in until about 7.30, so my response to his requests probably wouldn’t go down too well with Super Nanny.
Anyway…..
I was busily rooting through my purse for some change when I accidentally caught eyes with the man behind the counter.
He was extremely good looking. Sandy blond hair, angular cheekbones, and prominent eyebrows that accentuated his smug expression nicely. I could imagine him in an advert for Abercrombie and fitch, looking terribly serious and reflective, whilst breathing in.
By default this means I definitely wouldn’t fancy him.
I’ve never gone for ‘pretty boys’. I can appreciate if they’re gorgeous, but it just doesn’t float my boat.
There’s something sort of inherently feminine about a ‘beautiful man’, especially if they ‘take care of themselves’, and I personally prefer a man man.
The proper neanderthal type, preferably with the following qualities:
-          Eats a LOT of meat (and not in an ‘I only eat protein for muscles’ way)
-          Ideally covered in mud (doesn’t matter why)
-          Unaware of his own feelings (so that I can make them up for him)
-          Doesn’t know the name of any non-sport related celebrities
-          Thinks of soap as a grooming product
Basically, my husband.
HOWEVER, even though I am categorically NOT attracted to this particular random coffee man. I can guarantee I will go bright red.
This is one of the many problems associated with being a ‘blusher’.
Other non-strawberry faced people can fake their way out of situations, and look casual despite their inner turmoil. But not me.
Yes, this t shirt is a tad small but I don't look fabulous?
No..my beaming face gives the game away every time. And of course, the second I can feel myself heating up, it only exacerbates the problem.
The problem as I said, was NOT that I fancied him. It was the fact I knew he would THINK I did. Because all good looking men believe that all women want to have their babies.
I vividly remember a Trinny and Susannah programme that was on years ago, whereby men and women had to rate themselves out of 10 in the looks department. These results were put against the scores that members of the opposite sex had given them. It turned out that on average, women scored themselves 2 points lower than the men gave them, and the men…scored themselves 2 point higher! Ha.
So if your average Joe, thinks he’s a bit of a stallion, then it makes sense that a genuinely good looking one is going to believe he is literally Gods Gift. So used to having women (presumably starting with their Mums) fawn over them constantly, they become convinced that just smiling at a woman, is likely to give her a mini orgasm.
You can spot them a mile off, and it’s not just their lovely smug faces that give the game away.
It’s things such as:
-          Continually putting their hands on their stomachs so as to slightly pull up their t shit and give you a glimpse of their snail trail... Presumably they think we will become so overcome with lust we will lift up our skirts there and then?
-          They make too much eye contact. Almost as if they are daring you to look into their dream boy eyes and not cry with the emotion of it all.
-          They have girlfriends that evil you if you so much as glance in their Adonis mans direction. I have been tempted on several occasions to actually tell the girl that not everyone wants to lick their mans face.
-          They HAVE to be noticed. If you don’t look at them, they will speak louder, move closer, or deliberately touch you. In fact, they will do virtually anything to ensure that you do not miss the once in a lifetime opportunity of looking at them in the actual flesh.
Oh well, back to the situation at hand... I needed caffeine. I would have to face the situation head on….
‘Large cappuccino please’ I asked, deliberately looking right at him so he knew I wasn’t in awe. Luckily my face seemed to play ball and remain a fairly human colour.
The man smirked as if I had essentially just offered him a blow job.
‘Coming right up’.
I felt my cheeks flush. For Gods sake Sian get it together.
The model man whistled casually (attention grabber) as he frothed my milk with all the sexual aplomb he could muster. I tried to look everywhere but directly at him, but then I thought perhaps it might make things worse, and he would think I was embarrassed.
So, I settled on ‘casual’ glances between the milk he was frothing and the display of cakes next to him.
However, when he turned round it looked like I had been staring at his arse, which was in unfortunately close proximity to the Belgian Buns.
Too late – the blushing had commenced.
‘See you around’ he said with a knowing smile.
 ‘Bye’ I mustered up as I spilt scolding coffee over my hands.
I have no doubt at all that he laughed at me as I walked off. Yet another woman he believes has fallen for his irresistible good looks and charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...